Older Adults and Mental Health
3.6 out of 4.0, Based on: 39 reviews
Older Adults and Mental Health covers the the biological, social, and psychological aspects of aging. Illnesses covered include depression, anxiety, substance abuse, schizophrenia and Alzheimer's disease.
Treatments for each of the disorders are also described.
This course contains downloadable online lessons (PDF or Word) and a practice test. When you're ready, purchase the course by clicking the "Add To Cart" button. This will let you take the test, complete the course evaluation and receive your certificate for CE credits.
- Overview of Mental Disorders in Older Adults
- Depression in older adults
- Schizophrenia in older adults
- Substance abuse in older adults
- Anxiety in older adults
- Alzheimer''s Disease
- Identify the incidence of mental illness in older adults.
- Describe depression and anxiety in in older adults.
- Explain substance abuse in older adults.
- Describe interventions for mental illnesses in older adults