Pain: Hope through Research
4.4 out of 5.0, Based on: 4,746 reviews
This course provides information on the symptoms, causes, and treatments of pain.
This course contains downloadable online lessons (PDF or Word) and a practice test. When you're ready, purchase the course by clicking the "Add To Cart" button. This will let you take the test, complete the course evaluation and receive your certificate for CE credits.
- Identify the condition in which one of the three membranes covering the brain and spinal chord becomes inflamed.
- Describe the surgical procedure in which a nerve close to the spinal cord is cut.
- Identify the percentage of older Americans who take a painkiller regularly.
- Describe the brain's ability to change and adapt following injury.
- Introduction: The Universal Disorder
- A Brief History of Pain
- The Two Faces of Pain: Acute and Chronic
- How is Pain Diagnosed?
- How is Pain Treated?
- What is the Role of Age and Gender in Pain?
- Pain in Aging and Pediatric Populations: Special Needs and Concerns
- Spine Basics: The Vertebrae, Discs, and Spinal Cord
- The Nervous Systems
- Phantom Pain: How Does the Brain Feel?
- Nerve Blocks
Ce4Less.com Is approved by the American Psychological Association To sponsor continuing education For psychologists. Ce4Less.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
Ce4Less.com, #1115, is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. Ce4Less.com maintains responsibility for this course. ACE provider approval period: [8/8/2018-8/8/2021]. Social workers completing this course receive 2 Online continuing education credits.