4.5 out of 5.0, Based on: 1,545 reviews
While the cause, risks and characteristics of Parkinson’s disease are well defined in recent movement disorder diagnostic guidelines, there is no definitive test that can confirm a diagnosis of Parkinson’s disease during a person's life. The diagnosis of Parkinson’s disease remains a clinical one, confirmed only after autopsy. Clinicians treat based on clinical observation and close follow up of symptoms, and must be well informed of the changing medical options to help prolong and improve quality of life for those diagnosed with the disease. Successful pharmacotherapy of Parkinson’s disease depends on the ability of clinicians to accurately recognize characteristic signs of the disease, and to successfully function within an interdisciplinary team that includes primary care and neurology medicine to arrive at the right diagnosis.
This course contains downloadable online lessons (PDF) and a practice test. When you're ready, purchase the course by clicking the "Add To Cart" button. This will let you take the test, complete the course evaluation and receive your certificate for CE credits.
- Define Parkinson’s Disease
- Discuss Psychiatric Comorbidities of Parkinson’s Disease
- Describe the Impact of Dementia In Parkinson’s Disease
- Explain Alternative And Complementary Therapies For PD
- Discuss Physical And Exercise Therapy for PD
- Parkinson’s Disease - A Heterogeneous Disorder
- Pathogenesis Of Parkinson’s Disease
- Pathologic Findings Of Parkinson’s Disease
- Managing Advanced Parkinson’s Disease
- Choice Of Therapy For Dyskinesia In Parkinson’s Disease
- Psychiatric Comorbidities
- Dementia In Parkinson’s Disease
- Pharmacologic Treatment For Neuropsychiatric Symptoms
- Non-Pharmacological Therapies In Parkinson’s Disease
- Alternative And Complementary Therapies For PD
- Physical And Exercise Therapy
- Novel Therapies - Agents And Targets
- Future Directions In Parkinson’s Disease
Ce4Less.com Is approved by the American Psychological Association To sponsor continuing education For psychologists. Ce4Less.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
This organization, CE4Less, provider #1115, is approved as a provider for social work continuing
education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) www.aswb.org, through the Approved Continuing Education ACE) program.
Ce4Less maintains responsibility for the program. ASWB Approval Period: 8/8/2018-8/8/2021. Social workers should contact their
regulatory board to determine course approval. Social workers participating in this course will receive
continuing education clock hours.
We are committed to providing our learners with unbiased information. CE4Less never accepts commercial support and our authors have no significant financial or other conflicts of interest pertaining to the material