Post-traumatic and Acute Stress Disorders: The Latest Assessment and Treatment Strategies
3.8 out of 4.0, Based on: 4 reviews
Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: The Latest Assessment and Treatment Strategies presents a concise overview of the disorder. This course presents information on the diagnosis and various theoretical approaches and treatments for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.
This course is based on a book and a post test. When you're ready, purchase the test by clicking the "Add To Cart" button. This will let you take the test and receive your certificate for CE credits.
1. Overview of Posttraumatic Stress Disorder
What are PTSD and ASD and how are they different?
2. Diagnosing and Assessing PTSD
What are typical characteristics of those with PTSD?
What criteria are used to diagnose PTSD?
What tools are available for clinical assessment?
What differentiates PTSD from other disorders?
3. Psychological treatments for PTSD
What are the global treatment issues related to PTSD?
What psychological treatments are available for adults with ADHD?
What psychological treatments are available for children and adolescents with ADHD and how effective are those treatments?
4. Medical treatments for PTSD
How does the Human Stress Response Relate to PTSD?
What Psychobiological Abnormalities Exist for those with PTSD?
What Medical Treatments are used for PTSD?
Appendix A: PTSD Assessment Tools for Adults
Appendix B: PTSD Assessment Tools for Children
- Identify the prevalence rates for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.
- Describe the diagnostic criteria for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.
- Explain assessment tools used for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.
- Describe treatment approaches for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.