Prescription Drugs: Abuse and Addiction
3.6 out of 4.0, Based on: 69 reviews
Prescription drug abuse is a growing problem with serious health consequences. This course provides and overview of the commonly abused prescription drugs and their treatment.
This course contains downloadable online lessons (PDF or Word) and a practice test. When you're ready, purchase the course by clicking the "Add To Cart" button. This will let you take the test, complete the course evaluation and receive your certificate for CE credits.
- What is prescription drug abuse?
- CNS depressants
- Trends in prescription drug abuse
- Treating prescription drug addiction.
- Identify common opioids.
- Identify the most common prescription medications in drug abuse-related cases.
- Identify the synthetic opioid that blocks the effects of heroin.