Preventing and Responding to Suicide Clusters in American Indian and Alaska Native Communities
(Click author's name for bio)
Course Created: 2016
Practice Level: Indroductory
No book to buy
The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) is an agency within the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. SAMHSA leads public health efforts that advance the behavioral health of the nation. On samhsa.gov SAMHSA states that its mission is to reduce the impact of substance abuse and mental illness on communities in America.
4.8 out of 5.0, Based on: 3,877 reviews
The purpose of this course is to learn about suicide clusters and responses in tribal communities; identify strength-based approaches to prevention, response, and recovery; explore existing and needed resources for prevention, response, and recovery; and provide recommendations for tribal communities, and for federal, state, and partners.
This course contains downloadable online lessons (PDF) and a practice test. When you're ready, purchase the course by clicking the "Add To Cart" button. This will let you take the test, complete the course evaluation and receive your certificate for CE credits.
- Explain the concept of contagion
- Discuss risk and protective factors for suicide
- Describe the effect of suicide clusters on the community
- Identify barriers to suicide cluster prevention
- National Backdrop
- Suicide Clusters and Contagion
- Risk and Protective Factors
- Effect of Suicide Clusters on the Community
- Community Perspectives on Resources for Suicide Cluster Prevention and Crisis Response
- Barriers and Facilitators to Suicide Cluster Prevention and Response
- Community Recommendations to Enhance Suicide Cluster Prevention and Response
Ce4Less.com, provider #1115, is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. Ce4Less.com maintains responsibility for this course. ASWB ACE Approval Period: 07/08/21-07/08/24.
We are committed to providing our learners with unbiased information. Ce4Less never accepts commercial support and our authors have no significant financial or other conflicts of interest pertaining to the material