Problem Gamblers and Their Finances A Guide for Treatment Professionals
3.6 out of 4.0, Based on: 19 reviews
This course examines the financial problems that co-occur with problem gambling. Topics addressed include the financial signs of problem gambling, immediate financial steps to stabilize the gambler's financial situation, and how to work financially with the problem gambler.
This course contains downloadable online lessons (PDF or Word) and a practice test. When you're ready, purchase the course by clicking the "Add To Cart" button. This will let you take the test, complete the course evaluation and receive your certificate for CE credits.
- Gambling Has Gone Mainstream
- What is Problem Gambling?
- The Gambler's View of Money
- Possible Immediate Financial Actions
- How to Work Financially With the Problem Gambler
- Financial Resources
- Discuss the benefits for helping the gambler with financial problems.
- Describe the stages of problem gambling.
- Explain the warning signs of problem gambling at work.
- Describe the consequences of bankruptcy.
- Explain confidentiality regarding gambler's family members.