Spousal or Partner Abuse Assessment, Detection and Intervention Strategies
Author: Heidi Dalzell, Psy.D.
(Click author's name for bio)
Course Created: 2019
Practice Level: Intermediate
No book to buy
Heidi Dalzell, Psy.D.
Heidi Dalzell, Psy.D. is a psychologist in private practice specializing in eating disorders, as well as dual addictions, trauma, domestic violence and depression. She conducts individual and couples therapy with adolescent and adult clients. In addition to authoring numerous mental health courses she frequently blogs and writes newspaper articles about mental health topics.
4.6 out of 5.0, Based on: 6,827 reviews
This course will provide an introduction to domestic violence, including prevalence and impact, cultural factors, same gender abuse dynamics, intervention strategies and community resources.
This course contains downloadable online lessons (PDF) and a practice test. When you're ready, purchase the course by clicking the "Add To Cart" button. This will let you take the test, complete the course evaluation and receive your certificate for CE credits.
- Discuss common patterns of abusive behavior.
- Describe some factors associated with domestic violence.
- Explain barriers to treatment and treatment recommendations for GBLT relationships
- Defining Domestic Violence
- Prevalence of Domestic Violence
- Theories on Domestic Violence
- The Impact of Abuse
- Common Patterns of Intimate Partner Violence
- Social Constructs and Subcultures
- Same Gender Abuse Dynamics
- Intervention Strategies
Ce4Less.com is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Ce4Less.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
We are committed to providing our learners with unbiased information. CE4Less never accepts commercial support and our authors have no significant financial or other conflicts of interest pertaining to the material