Spousal or Partner Abuse
Author: Heidi Dalzell, Psy.D.
(Click author's name for bio)
Course Created: 2012
Practice Level: Beginner to Intermediate
No book to buy
Heidi Dalzell, Psy.D.
Heidi Dalzell, Psy.D. is a psychologist in private practice specializing in eating disorders, as well as dual addictions, trauma, domestic violence and depression. She conducts individual and couples therapy with adolescent and adult clients. In addition to authoring numerous mental health courses she frequently blogs and writes newspaper articles about mental health topics.
4.6 out of 5.0, Based on: 6,890 reviews
This course will provide an introduction to domestic violence, including prevalence and impact, cultural factors, same gender abuse dynamics, intervention strategies and community resources.
This course contains downloadable online lessons (PDF or Word) and a practice test. When you're ready, purchase the course by clicking the "Add To Cart" button. This will let you take the test, complete the course evaluation and receive your certificate for CE credits.
- Identify the factors associated with domestic violence.
- Describe the most common mental health effects of domestic violence.
- Explain the symptoms of Rape Trauma Syndrome.
- Describe the incidence of domestic violence in gay male relationships.
- Explain the MI therapeutic principles.
- Discuss a domestic violence safety plan.
- Introduction and Theories of Domestic Violence
- The Effects of Domestic Violence
- Intimate Partner Sexual Abuse
- Special Populations and Domestic Violence
- Motivational Interviewing and Stages of Change
- Legal and Ethical Issues Pertaining to Domestic Violence
This organization, CE4Less, provider #1115, is approved as a provider for social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) www.aswb.org, through the Approved Continuing Education ACE) program. CE4Less maintains responsibility for the program. ASWB Approval Period: 8/8/2015-8/8/2018. Social workers should contact their regulatory board to determine course approval.