Stroke: Hope through Research
4.6 out of 5.0, Based on: 2,891 reviews
This course provides information on the symptoms, causes, and treatments of stroke.
This course contains downloadable online lessons (PDF or Word) and a practice test. When you're ready, purchase the course by clicking the "Add To Cart" button. This will let you take the test, complete the course evaluation and receive your certificate for CE credits.
- Identify the incidence of stroke.
- Describe the symptoms of stroke.
- Explain the risk factors for stroke.
- Describe disabilities resulting from stroke.
- What is Stroke?
- How Do You Recognize Stroke?
- How is the Cause of Stroke Determined?
- Imaging for the Diagnosis of Acute Stroke Who is at Risk for Stroke?
- Unmodifiable Risk Factors
- Other Risk Factors
- Modifiable Lifestyle Risk Factors
- Genetic Risk Factors
- What Stroke Therapies are Available?
- What Disabilities Can Result From a Stroke?
- What Research is Being Done by the NINDS?
This organization, CE4Less, provider #1115, is approved as a provider for social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) www.aswb.org, through the Approved Continuing Education ACE) program. CE4Less maintains responsibility for the program. ASWB Approval Period: 8/8/2015-8/8/2018. Social workers should contact their regulatory board to determine course approval.