Substance Misuse - Introduction and Overview
Course Created: 2015
Practice Level: Intermediate
No book to buy
4.6 out of 5.0, Based on: 2,317 reviews
The United States has a serious substance misuse problem. Substance misuse is the use of alcohol or drugs in a manner, situation, amount, or frequency that could cause harm to the user or to those around them. Alcohol and drug misuse and related substance use disorders affect millions of Americans and impose enormous costs on society. This course looks at the prevalence, impact, and diagnosis of disorders.
This course contains downloadable online lessons (PDF) and a practice test. When you're ready, purchase the course by clicking the "Add To Cart" button. This will let you take the test, complete the course evaluation and receive your certificate for CE credits.
- Discuss the prevalence of substance misuse
- Describe the impact of substance abuse
- Explain the impact of marijuana legalization
- Substances Discussed
- Prevalence of Substance Use, Misuse Problems, and Disorders
- Costs and Impact of Substance Misuse
- Vulnerability to Substance Misuse Problems and Disorders
- Diagnosing a Substance Use Disorder
- The Separation of Substance Use Treatment and General Health Care
- Recent Changes in Health Care Policy and Law
- Marijuana - A Changing Legal and Research Environment
- Purpose, Focus, and Format of the Report
Ce4Less.com Is approved by the American Psychological Association To sponsor continuing education For psychologists. Ce4Less.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
This organization, CE4Less, provider #1115, is approved as a provider for social work continuing
education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) www.aswb.org, through the Approved Continuing Education ACE) program.
Ce4Less maintains responsibility for the program. ASWB Approval Period: 8/8/2018-8/8/2021. Social workers should contact their
regulatory board to determine course approval. Social workers participating in this course will receive
continuing education clock hours.
We are committed to providing our learners with unbiased information. CE4Less never accepts commercial support and our authors have no significant financial or other conflicts of interest pertaining to the material