Substance Use And Addiction Disorders, Parts 1 and 2
Author: Jassin M. Jouria, MD
(Click author's name for bio)
Course Created: 2016
Practice Level: Intermediate
No book to buy
Jassin M. Jouria, MD
Jassin M. Jouria is a medical doctor, professor of academic medicine, and medical author. He graduated from Ross University School of Medicine and has completed his clinical clerkship training in various teaching hospitals throughout New York, including King’s County Hospital Center and Brookdale Medical Center, among others. Dr. Jouria has served as a test prep tutor and instructor for Kaplan. He has developed several medical courses and curricula for a variety of educational institutions. Dr. Jouria has also served on multiple levels in the academic field including faculty member and Department Chair. Dr. Jouria continues to serves as a Subject Matter Expert for several continuing education organizations covering multiple basic medical sciences.
4.6 out of 5.0, Based on: 3,505 reviews
Unique challenges exist for individuals with a substance use and addiction disorder. Individuals with multiple substance use disorders and cross addictions are expected to have a higher degree of physical symptoms from substances consumed and longer period of time of detoxification. A personalized detoxification treatment plan is needed for individuals diagnosed with a substance use disorder according to their unique medical, psychiatric, and substance use history.
This course contains downloadable online lessons (PDF) and a practice test. When you're ready, purchase the course by clicking the "Add To Cart" button. This will let you take the test, complete the course evaluation and receive your certificate for CE credits.
- Identify the common characteristics of substance use
- Explain the concept of cross addiction
- Discuss how to choose addiction screening instruments
- Describe the relationship between substance use and mental illness
- Part 1
- Multiple Substance Use And Cross Addiction
- Common Characteristics Of Substance Use
- Screening For Substance Use
- Addiction Screening Instruments
- Part 2
- Assessment Of A Substance Use Disorder
- The Diagnostic Interview
- Patient And Provider Relationship
- Comprehensive Health History
- Evaluation Of Multiple Substance Use And Cross Addition
- Mental Illness And Substance Use
Ce4Less.com is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Ce4Less.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
We are committed to providing our learners with unbiased information. CE4Less never accepts commercial support and our authors have no significant financial or other conflicts of interest pertaining to the material