Supervision: A Guide for Mental Health Professionals - Revised
Author: Heidi Dalzell, Psy.D.
(Click author's name for bio)
Course Created: 2016
Practice Level: Intermediate
No book to buy
Heidi Dalzell, Psy.D.
Heidi Dalzell, Psy.D. is a psychologist in private practice specializing in eating disorders, as well as dual addictions, trauma, domestic violence and depression. She conducts individual and couples therapy with adolescent and adult clients. In addition to authoring numerous mental health courses she frequently blogs and writes newspaper articles about mental health topics.
4.5 out of 5.0, Based on: 22,269 reviews
Supervision: A Guide for Mental Health Professionals provides an
overview of psychotherapy supervision. Topics covered includes the
supervisory relationship, approaches to supervision, responsibilities of
supervisors, formats for supervision and much more.
This course contains downloadable online lessons (PDF) and a practice test. When you're ready, purchase the course by clicking the "Add To Cart" button. This will let you take the test, complete the course evaluation and receive your certificate for CE credits.
- Discuss the differences between authoritative and facilitative supervision.
- Describe the different theoretical approaches to supervision.
- Explain the principles of ethical decision making.
- Describe the concept of professional boundaries.
- Definition of Supervision
- The Supervisory Relationship
- Supervision Approaches
- Responsibilities of Supervision
- Informed Consent
- Boundary Issues in Supervision
- Multicultural Competence
- The Supervisory Session: Formats for Supervision
- Evaluation: Issues and Concepts
Ce4Less.com is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Ce4Less.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
We are committed to providing our learners with unbiased information. CE4Less never accepts commercial support and our authors have no significant financial or other conflicts of interest pertaining to the material