The Confidentiality of Alcohol and Drug Abuse Patient Records Regulation and the HIPAA Privacy Rule
Course Created: 2004
Practice Level: Beginner to Intermediate
No book to buy
4.4 out of 5.0, Based on: 4,513 reviews
This course examines the HIPAA Privacy Rule especially as it relates to alcohol and substance abuse programs.
This course contains downloadable online lessons (PDF or Word) and a practice test. When you're ready, purchase the course by clicking the "Add To Cart" button. This will let you take the test, complete the course evaluation and receive your certificate for CE credits.
- Explain the differences between Part 2 and the Privacy Rule
- Determine when to give a patient a Notice of Privacy Practices
- Assess a patient's request for PHI
- Applicability of the Privacy Rule
- Programs to which the Privacy Rule applies
- Information that is protected under Part 2 and the Privacy Rule
- How the Privacy Rule affects disclosures of information
- Other permissible disclosures under Part 2
- Patient Notice/Notice of Privacy Practices
- Patient rights
- Security of information
This organization, CE4Less, provider #1115, is approved as a provider for social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) www.aswb.org, through the Approved Continuing Education ACE) program. CE4Less maintains responsibility for the program. ASWB Approval Period: 8/8/2015-8/8/2018. Social workers should contact their regulatory board to determine course approval.