The Confidentiality of Alcohol and Drug Abuse Patient Records Regulation and the HIPAA Privacy Rule
Course Created: 2004
Practice Level: Beginner to Intermediate
No book to buy
4.4 out of 5.0, Based on: 5,066 reviews
This course examines the HIPAA Privacy Rule especially as it relates to alcohol and substance abuse programs.
This course contains downloadable online lessons (PDF or Word) and a practice test. When you're ready, purchase the course by clicking the "Add To Cart" button. This will let you take the test, complete the course evaluation and receive your certificate for CE credits.
- Explain the differences between Part 2 and the Privacy Rule
- Determine when to give a patient a Notice of Privacy Practices
- Assess a patient's request for PHI
- Applicability of the Privacy Rule
- Programs to which the Privacy Rule applies
- Information that is protected under Part 2 and the Privacy Rule
- How the Privacy Rule affects disclosures of information
- Other permissible disclosures under Part 2
- Patient Notice/Notice of Privacy Practices
- Patient rights
- Security of information
Ce4Less.com Is approved by the American Psychological Association To sponsor continuing education For psychologists. Ce4Less.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
Ce4Less.com, #1115, is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. Ce4Less.com maintains responsibility for this course. ACE provider approval period: [8/8/2018-8/8/2021]. Social workers completing this course receive 2 ethics Online continuing education credits.