4.5 out of 5.0, Based on: 6,370 reviews
Therapeutic communities are a common form of long-term residential treatment for substance use disorders. This course provides an overview of the therapeutic community treatment modality and its effectiveness in serving those with substance use disorders.
This course contains downloadable online lessons (PDF or Word) and a practice test. When you're ready, purchase the course by clicking the "Add To Cart" button. This will let you take the test, complete the course evaluation and receive your certificate for CE credits.
- Identify the treatment goals for those in a TC who have never acquired functional lifestyles.
- Identify post treatment influences on adolescent criminal activity.
- Identify a benefit found in a longer TC stay.
- What are therapeutic communities?
- What is a therapeutic community's approach?
- Are therapeutic communities effective?
- What are the fundamental components of therapeutic communities?
- How is treatment provided in a therapeutic community?
- How do therapeutic communities treat populations with special needs?
- How are therapeutic communities integrated into the criminal justice system?
- How are therapeutic communities adapting to the current environment?
This organization, CE4Less, provider #1115, is approved as a provider for social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) www.aswb.org, through the Approved Continuing Education ACE) program. CE4Less maintains responsibility for the program. ASWB Approval Period: 8/8/2015-8/8/2018. Social workers should contact their regulatory board to determine course approval.