3.2 out of 4.0, Based on: 39 reviews
Therapeutic communities are a common form of long-term residential treatment for substance use disorders. This course provides an overview of the therapeutic community treatment modality and its effectiveness in serving those with substance use disorders.
This course contains downloadable online lessons (PDF or Word) and a practice test. When you're ready, purchase the course by clicking the "Add To Cart" button. This will let you take the test, complete the course evaluation and receive your certificate for CE credits.
- What are therapeutic communities?
- What is a therapeutic community's approach?
- Are therapeutic communities effective?
- What are the fundamental components of therapeutic communities?
- How is treatment provided in a therapeutic community?
- How do therapeutic communities treat populations with special needs?
- How are therapeutic communities integrated into the criminal justice system?
- How are therapeutic communities adapting to the current environment?
- Identify the treatment goals for those in a TC who have never acquired functional lifestyles.
- Identify post treatment influences on adolescent criminal activity.
- Identify a benefit found in a longer TC stay.