4.6 out of 5.0, Based on: 8,810 reviews
Therapeutic communities are a common form of long-term residential treatment for substance use disorders. This course provides an overview of the therapeutic community treatment modality and its effectiveness in serving those with substance use disorders.
This course contains downloadable online lessons (PDF) and a practice test. When you're ready, purchase the course by clicking the "Add To Cart" button. This will let you take the test, complete the course evaluation and receive your certificate for CE credits.
- Identify the treatment goals for those in a TC who have never acquired functional lifestyles.
- Identify post treatment influences on adolescent criminal activity.
- Identify a benefit found in a longer TC stay.
- What are therapeutic communities?
- What is a therapeutic community's approach?
- Are therapeutic communities effective?
- What are the fundamental components of therapeutic communities?
- How is treatment provided in a therapeutic community?
- How do therapeutic communities treat populations with special needs?
- How are therapeutic communities integrated into the criminal justice system?
- How are therapeutic communities adapting to the current environment?
Ce4Less.com is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Ce4Less.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
We are committed to providing our learners with unbiased information. CE4Less never accepts commercial support and our authors have no significant financial or other conflicts of interest pertaining to the material