Tobacco Use Disorder and Smoking Cessation
4.7 out of 5.0, Based on: 5,319 reviews
A tobacco use disorder is diagnosed according to criteria of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fifth Edition (DSM-5) and current research identifies tobacco patterns and severity of use that clinicians can reference when diagnosing and planning treatment. Medication and behavioral-based interventions such as direct provider to patient interaction, group therapy, specialized clinics, self-help interventions using educational resources and telephone resources or counseling are the mainstay of smoking cessation. Risk factors related to tobacco use, smoking cessation options and relapse prevention are discussed.
This course contains downloadable online lessons (PDF) and a practice test. When you're ready, purchase the course by clicking the "Add To Cart" button. This will let you take the test, complete the course evaluation and receive your certificate for CE credits.
- Describe the diagnosis of Tobacco Use Disorder
- Discuss the basic principles of smoking cessation
- Identify the FDA approved medications for smoking cessation
2. Smoking And Tobacco Use In The United States
4. Pathophysiology Of Acute Nicotine Addiction
5. The Definition And Diagnosis Of Tobacco Use Disorder
6. Tobacco Withdrawal
7. Smoking Cessation: Basic Principles
8. Risks Of Smoking Cessation
9.Beginning The Process Of Smoking Cessation
10. Aids To Smoking Cessation
11. Pharmacotherapy And Smoking Cessation
B. Nicotine Replacement Therapy
12. Alternative Therapies For Smoking Cessation
13. Smoking Cessation: Failure And Success
Ce4Less.com, provider #1115, is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. Ce4Less.com maintains responsibility for this course. ASWB ACE Approval Period: 07/08/21-07/08/24.
We are committed to providing our learners with unbiased information. Ce4Less never accepts commercial support and our authors have no significant financial or other conflicts of interest pertaining to the material