Topics in Human Sexuality: Sexuality Across the Lifespan - Childhood & Adolescence
Author: Heidi Dalzell, Psy.D.
(Click author's name for bio)
Course Created: 2010
Practice Level: Beginner to Intermediate
No book to buy
Heidi Dalzell, Psy.D.
Heidi Dalzell, Psy.D. is a psychologist in private practice specializing in eating disorders, as well as dual addictions, trauma, domestic violence and depression. She conducts individual and couples therapy with adolescent and adult clients. In addition to authoring numerous mental health courses she frequently blogs and writes newspaper articles about mental health topics.
3.5 out of 4.0, Based on: 47 reviews
This course is part of the 10 hour course Human Sexuality which you can see here
This continuing education human sexuality course will review the development of sexuality using a lifespan perspective. It will focus on sexuality in infancy, childhood and adolescence. It will discuss biological and psychological milestones as well as theories of attachment and psychosexual development.
This course contains downloadable online lessons (PDF or Word) and a practice test. When you're ready, purchase the course by clicking the "Add To Cart" button. This will let you take the test, complete the course evaluation and receive your certificate for CE credits.
- Freud’s Contributions to Our Understanding of Sexual Development
- Sexuality In Childhood (Birth To Age 2)
- Sexuality In Early Childhood (Ages 3 to 7)
- Sexuality in Preadolescence (Ages 8 to 12)
- Sexuality in Adolescence (Age 13 to 19)
- Discuss Freud’s theory of psychosexual development.
- Describe the development of attachment bonds and its relationship to sexuality.
- Discuss the incidence of teen pregnancy.