Women and Mental Health
Author: Jassin M. Jouria, MD
(Click author's name for bio)
Course Created: 2014
Practice Level: Intermediate
No book to buy
Jassin M. Jouria, MD
Jassin M. Jouria is a medical doctor, professor of academic medicine, and medical author. He graduated from Ross University School of Medicine and has completed his clinical clerkship training in various teaching hospitals throughout New York, including King’s County Hospital Center and Brookdale Medical Center, among others. Dr. Jouria has served as a test prep tutor and instructor for Kaplan. He has developed several medical courses and curricula for a variety of educational institutions. Dr. Jouria has also served on multiple levels in the academic field including faculty member and Department Chair. Dr. Jouria continues to serves as a Subject Matter Expert for several continuing education organizations covering multiple basic medical sciences.
4.5 out of 5.0, Based on: 3,778 reviews
Studies are underway to better understand how gender and other influencing factors impact mental health in the general population. Clinicians need to understand how trauma, abuse and other factors affect mental health in women. The purpose of this course is to clinicians information about women and mental health issues, common disorders and treatments.
This course contains downloadable online lessons (PDF or Word) and a practice test. When you're ready, purchase the course by clicking the "Add To Cart" button. This will let you take the test, complete the course evaluation and receive your certificate for CE credits.
- Explain the differences in diagnoses for men and women with mental illness.
- Identify common gender-specific risk factors for mental illness.
- Describe why fertility challenges can affect a woman’s mental health.
- List the most common depressive disorders diagnosed in women.
- Explain the relationship between the postpartum period and depression.
- Gender-Specific Risk Factors
- Domestic Violence
- Socioeconomic Disadvantage
- Income Inequality
- Subordinate Status
- Responsibility for Others
- Depressive Disorders
- Signs and Symptoms
- Anxiety Disorders
- Types of Anxiety Disorders
- Somatic Disorders
- Menstruation/Menopause and Mental Health
- Premenstrual Mood Changes
- Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder
- Causes Of Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder
- Mental Illness During Pregnancy
- Common Psychiatric Disorders in Pregnancy
- Medication During the Pregnancy and Postpartum Period
- Mental Illness During the Postpartum Period
- Treatment for Postpartum Illness
- Pharmacologic Treatments and Breastfeeding
- Treatment Options
- Concerns with Pregnant and Nursing Mothers
- Non-Pharmacologic Treatment
Ce4Less.com Is approved by the American Psychological Association To sponsor continuing education For psychologists. Ce4Less.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
Ce4Less.com, #1115, is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. Ce4Less.com maintains responsibility for this course. ACE provider approval period: [8/8/2018-8/8/2021]. Social workers completing this course receive 4 Online continuing education credits.