Working With Disorders of Body Image: A Guide for Mental Health Professionals - Revised
Author: Heidi Dalzell, Psy.D.
(Click author's name for bio)
Course Created: 2013
Practice Level: Intermediate
No book to buy
Heidi Dalzell, Psy.D.
Heidi Dalzell, Psy.D. is a psychologist in private practice specializing in eating disorders, as well as dual addictions, trauma, domestic violence and depression. She conducts individual and couples therapy with adolescent and adult clients. In addition to authoring numerous mental health courses she frequently blogs and writes newspaper articles about mental health topics.
3.7 out of 4.0, Based on: 97 reviews
Body image is a complex issue with behavioral and interpersonal
consequences of body image concerns. This course will explore Body
Dysmorphic Disorder, Anorexia, Bulimia and Obesity and provide a
framework for treatment of these problems. This revised course includes updated information on BI and DSM-5 classifications.
This course contains downloadable online lessons (PDF or Word) and a practice test. When you're ready, purchase the course by clicking the "Add To Cart" button. This will let you take the test, complete the course evaluation and receive your certificate for CE credits.
- Defining Body Image
- Body Image Disturbance
- Body Image Development
- Assessment of Body Image
- DSM-5 and Body Image
- Body Dysmorphic Disorder
- Multi-Determined Nature of BDD
- Therapeutic Interventions for BDD
- Anorexia, Bulimia and Obesity
- Multi-Determined Nature of Eating Disorders
- Treatment of Body Image Disturbance
- Defining body image
- Discuss the continuum of body image disturbance
- List common tools for assessment
- Discuss DSM-5 disorders related to body image
- Describe approaches to the treatment of body image