Marijuana And Substance Use Disorder, Part 1: a historical perspective and DSM-5 overview
Author: Jassin M. Jouria, MD
(Click author's name for bio)
No book to buy
Jassin M. Jouria, MD
Jassin M. Jouria is a medical doctor, professor of academic medicine, and medical author. He graduated from Ross University School of Medicine and has completed his clinical clerkship training in various teaching hospitals throughout New York, including King’s County Hospital Center and Brookdale Medical Center, among others. Dr. Jouria has served as a test prep tutor and instructor for Kaplan. He has developed several medical courses and curricula for a variety of educational institutions. Dr. Jouria has also served on multiple levels in the academic field including faculty member and Department Chair. Dr. Jouria continues to serves as a Subject Matter Expert for several continuing education organizations covering multiple basic medical sciences.
3.5 out of 4.0, Based on: 396 reviews
A marijuana or cannabis substance use disorder can result in significant impairment both mentally and physically. DSM-5 describes cannabis abuse and dependence as part of the same substance use disorder or cannabis use disorder. Clinicians are recommended to observe DSM-5 diagnostic criteria during screening and for diagnosing a cannabis substance use disorder, including new specifiers that may affect an individual’s initial and ongoing treatment plan for recovery.
This course contains downloadable online lessons (PDF or Word) and a practice test. When you're ready, purchase the course by clicking the "Add this Course Now" button above; this will let you take the test and receive your certificate for CEU credits.
- Worldwide Use Of Marijuana
- What Is Marijuana?
- The Pharmacokinetics Of Tetrahydrocannabinol
- Medical And Psychotherapeutic Uses Of Cannabis
- Defining Harmful Drug Use
- Other Cannabis-Induced Disorders
- Acute- And Chronic-Effects Of Marijuana Use
- Marijuana Use And Mental Illness
- Addiction Potential Of Marijuana
- Identify the duration of drug action for smoked marijuana
- Explain the medical uses of cannabis
- Discuss cannabis-induced disorders
- Describe the relationship between marijuana use and mental illness