Continuing Education Requirements:
To renew a Professional School Psychology Certificate, an applicant must meet one of the following options:
- Completion of renewal requirements outlined in GaPSC Rule 505-2-.36 RENEWAL REQUIREMENTS;
- Submission of a valid National Certified School Psychologist (NCSP) credential issued by the National School Psychology Certification Board; or
- Submission of a valid State of Georgia Psychologist license issued by the Professional Licensing Boards Division of the Office of the Secretary of State, O.C.G.A. Title 43.
If the certificate holder is not employed by a Georgia LUA at the time of renewal, completion of ten (10) Professional Learning Units awarded by the Georgia Association of School Psychologists (GASP) will satisfy renewal requirements. The PLUs must have been earned during the validity period of the certificate or, if the certificate is expired, within five (5) years of application for renewal.
National Association of School Psychologists (NASP)
CE4Less is not an approved provider for NASP. However, NASP does accept up to 25 credit hours from “Self-Study” that don’t need NASP approval.
Sequenced Programs are self-studies developed and published to provide training in specific knowledge or skill areas. A test is typically given at the end of the course and usually a certificate of completion is issued. This can include courses taken on the Internet.
25 CPD credits may be earned from CE4Less.com, since our courses are considered sequenced programs. You should be able to answer “yes” to the following four questions about the course you take:
- Did the activity enhance or upgrade my professional skills or add to my knowledge base?
- Was the activity relevant to the professional practice of school psychology?
- Did the activity fit into my personal plan for continuing professional development?
- Did the activity go beyond the ordinary aspects of my employment?
You can view this information under “Category H: Self-Study” at the NASP website: http://www.nasponline.org/certification/renew_cpdcategories.aspx