Continuing Education Requirements:
Renewal occurs every 6 years for a masters degree (+3 years experience), 8 years for a specialist (+3 years experience), and 10 years for a doctoral degree (+3 years experience). The initial license is non-renewable pending removal of provisions for “parental involvement and family engagement” coursework.
- Earning fifteen hours of professional development per year for a total of 90 hours of professional development over the course of the license period (065 and 391.075)
- May submit the evidence of the NCSP instead of the 6 credits generally required.
- Professional renewal hours may be earned through a teaching/receiving a regionally accredited college class, online, or through in-service training.
National Association of School Psychologists (NASP)
CE4Less is not an approved provider for NASP. However, NASP does accept up to 25 credit hours from “Self-Study” that don’t need NASP approval.
Sequenced Programs are self-studies developed and published to provide training in specific knowledge or skill areas. A test is typically given at the end of the course and usually a certificate of completion is issued. This can include courses taken on the Internet.
25 CPD credits may be earned from CE4Less.com, since our courses are considered sequenced programs. You should be able to answer “yes” to the following four questions about the course you take:
- Did the activity enhance or upgrade my professional skills or add to my knowledge base?
- Was the activity relevant to the professional practice of school psychology?
- Did the activity fit into my personal plan for continuing professional development?
- Did the activity go beyond the ordinary aspects of my employment?
You can view this information under “Category H: Self-Study” at the NASP website: http://www.nasponline.org/certification/renew_cpdcategories.aspx