Continuing Education Requirements:
The initial student services certificate is valid for 4 years and is changed to a career continuous student services certificate upon completing 40 hours of professional development, an annual performance evaluation, and 2 years of mentoring. NASP approved CPD hours are accepted.
The school psychologist career continuous student services certificate remains valid under two options:
- Participation in a performance-based evaluation system and 20 contact hours of professional development each year.
- Having a professional development plan in place with the school and meeting at least 2 of the following:
- 10 years of state-approved school psychologist experience
- An education specialist degree in school psychology or a closely related field
View more information on timelines and requirements.
National Association of School Psychologists (NASP)
CE4Less is not an approved provider for NASP. However, NASP does accept up to 25 credit hours from “Self-Study” that don’t need NASP approval.
Sequenced Programs are self-studies developed and published to provide training in specific knowledge or skill areas. A test is typically given at the end of the course and usually a certificate of completion is issued. This can include courses taken on the Internet.
25 CPD credits may be earned from CE4Less.com, since our courses are considered sequenced programs. You should be able to answer “yes” to the following four questions about the course you take:
- Did the activity enhance or upgrade my professional skills or add to my knowledge base?
- Was the activity relevant to the professional practice of school psychology?
- Did the activity fit into my personal plan for continuing professional development?
- Did the activity go beyond the ordinary aspects of my employment?
You can view this information under “Category H: Self-Study” at the NASP website: http://www.nasponline.org/certification/renew_cpdcategories.aspx