Topics in Human Sexuality: Sexuality and Childhood Sexual Abuse
Author: Heidi Dalzell, Psy.D.
(Click author's name for bio)
No book to buy
Heidi Dalzell, Psy.D.
Heidi Dalzell, Psy.D. is a psychologist in private practice specializing in eating disorders, as well as dual addictions, trauma, domestic violence and depression. She conducts individual and couples therapy with adolescent and adult clients. In addition to authoring numerous mental health courses she frequently blogs and writes newspaper articles about mental health topics.
3.6 out of 4.0, Based on: 3,213 reviews
This course is part of the 10 hour course Human Sexuality which you can see here
This continuing education human sexuality course will provide an overview of the impact of childhood sexual abuse on sexuality.
This course contains downloadable online lessons (PDF or Word) and a practice test. When you're ready, purchase the course by clicking the "Add this Course Now" button above; this will let you take the test and receive your certificate for CEU credits.
- Definition of Childhood Sexual Abuse and Incest
- Effects of Trauma and Sexual Abuse
- Effects of Trauma and Sexual Abuse Connected to Adult Sexuality
- Sexuality Counseling
- Identify the percentage of women who have experienced sexual abuse.
- Describe myths of male victimization.
- Explain the most common sexual problem among sexual abuse survivors.