Adolescents And Addiction
Author: Jassin M. Jouria, MD
(Click author's name for bio)
No book to buy
Jassin M. Jouria, MD
Jassin M. Jouria is a medical doctor, professor of academic medicine, and medical author. He graduated from Ross University School of Medicine and has completed his clinical clerkship training in various teaching hospitals throughout New York, including King’s County Hospital Center and Brookdale Medical Center, among others. Dr. Jouria has served as a test prep tutor and instructor for Kaplan. He has developed several medical courses and curricula for a variety of educational institutions. Dr. Jouria has also served on multiple levels in the academic field including faculty member and Department Chair. Dr. Jouria continues to serves as a Subject Matter Expert for several continuing education organizations covering multiple basic medical sciences.
3.6 out of 4.0, Based on: 1,993 reviews
By the 12th grade, around half of all high school students have used an illicit drug at least once in their lifetimes. Many other substances, such as aerosol sprays and glues, are even easier for adolescents to obtain and use. Therapists need to be aware of the warning signs of an adolescent substance use disorder and the relationship between mental disorders and addiction in order to properly diagnose and treat these young individuals. The purpose of this course is to provide clinicians with knowledge of the issues related to the risks associated with substance use and addiction in adolescents.
This course contains downloadable online lessons (PDF or Word) and a practice test. When you're ready, purchase the course by clicking the "Add this Course Now" button above; this will let you take the test and receive your certificate for CEU credits.
- Types Of Substance Use Disorders
- Contributing Factors To A Substance Use Disorder
- Signs And Symptoms Of A Substance Use Disorder
- Co-occurring Mental Illness And Addiction
- Substance Use Disorder Treatment
- DSM-5 Criteria In The Diagnosis Of A Substance Use Disorder
- Identify the major types of substance use disorders in adolescents.
- Describe factors that may contribute to the incidence of a substance use disorder.
- Describe the impact of substance use on adolescent sleep patterns.
- List treatment options for an adolescent substance use disorder.