Bipolar Disorder and Substance Use Disorder
Author: Jassin M. Jouria, MD
(Click author's name for bio)
Course Created: 2015
Practice Level: Intermediate
No book to buy
Jassin M. Jouria, MD
Jassin M. Jouria is a medical doctor, professor of academic medicine, and medical author. He graduated from Ross University School of Medicine and has completed his clinical clerkship training in various teaching hospitals throughout New York, including King’s County Hospital Center and Brookdale Medical Center, among others. Dr. Jouria has served as a test prep tutor and instructor for Kaplan. He has developed several medical courses and curricula for a variety of educational institutions. Dr. Jouria has also served on multiple levels in the academic field including faculty member and Department Chair. Dr. Jouria continues to serves as a Subject Matter Expert for several continuing education organizations covering multiple basic medical sciences.
3.7 out of 4.0, Based on: 149 reviews
Bipolar disorder involves a spectrum of psychiatric symptoms often compounded by a substance use disorder and addiction. Clinicians are often challenged to identify co-occurring symptoms and treatment goals. The purpose of this course is to provide clinicians with knowledge on co-occurring bipolar disorder and substance use disorder to plan effective treatment.
This course contains downloadable online lessons (PDF or Word) and a practice test. When you're ready, purchase the course by clicking the "Add To Cart" button. This will let you take the test, complete the course evaluation and receive your certificate for CE credits.
- DSM-V Criteria To Diagnose Substance Use And Addiction
- Bipolar Disorder Classifications
- Causes of Bipolar Disorder And Demographics
- Phases Of Bipolar Disorder
- Relationship Between Bipolar Disorder And Substance Use
- Impact Of Bipolar Disorder On Substance Use And Addiction Treatment
- Developing A Treatment Plan
- Identify the common demographics of individuals with a combined bipolar disorder and substance use diagnosis.
- Describe the phases of bipolar disorder.
- Describe the role of alcohol and drugs in triggering bipolar phases.
- Identify treatment options for individuals with dual diagnoses.