Improving Cultural Competence, Part 2 - Core Competencies
Course Created: 2015
Practice Level: Intermediate
No book to buy
4.6 out of 5.0, Based on: 8,250 reviews
This course addresses counselors’ core cultural competencies and presents clinical activities, including clinical supervision tools. The key areas explored include cultural awareness and cultural identity development, the cultural lens of counseling, key components of cultural knowledge for behavioral health counselors, and specific counseling skills that support culturally responsive services.
This course contains downloadable online lessons (PDF) and a practice test. When you're ready, purchase the course by clicking the "Add To Cart" button. This will let you take the test, complete the course evaluation and receive your certificate for CE credits.
- Define Core Counselor Competencies
- Describe the importance of practicing within limits
- Explain the impact of worldview on counseling
- Core Counselor Competencies
- Cultural awareness
Racial, ethnic, and cultural identities
- Worldview - The cultural lens of counseling
- Stereotypes, prejudices, and history
- Practicing within limits
- Knowledge of Other Cultural Groups
- Cultural Knowledge of Behavioral Health
- Skill Development
- Self-Assessment for Individual Cultural Competence
Ce4Less.com has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6991. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. Ce4Less.com is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
We are committed to providing our learners with unbiased information. CE4Less never accepts commercial support and our authors have no significant financial or other conflicts of interest pertaining to the material