Issues in Domestic Violence: Introduction and Theories
Author: Heidi Dalzell, Psy.D.
(Click author's name for bio)
Course Created: 2016
Practice Level: Intermediate
No book to buy
Heidi Dalzell, Psy.D.
Heidi Dalzell, Psy.D. is a psychologist in private practice specializing in eating disorders, as well as dual addictions, trauma, domestic violence and depression. She conducts individual and couples therapy with adolescent and adult clients. In addition to authoring numerous mental health courses she frequently blogs and writes newspaper articles about mental health topics.
3.8 out of 4.0, Based on: 108 reviews
This course will provide an introduction to domestic violence, including prevalence and impact, laws, and the cycle of violence.
This course contains downloadable online lessons (PDF or Word) and a practice test. When you're ready, purchase the course by clicking the "Add To Cart" button. This will let you take the test, complete the course evaluation and receive your certificate for CE credits.
- Defining Domestic Violence
- Prevalence of Domestic Violence
- Theories on Domestic Violence
- Warning Signs of Abuse
- Treatment of Domestic Abuse
- Discuss the prevalence of domestic violence.
- Describe the factors associated with domestic violence.
- Explain the various approaches to, and theories of, domestic violence.