Topics in Human Sexuality: Sexual Orientation
Author: Heidi Dalzell, Psy.D.
(Click author's name for bio)
Course Created: 2017
Practice Level: Beginner to Intermediate
No book to buy
Heidi Dalzell, Psy.D.
Heidi Dalzell, Psy.D. is a psychologist in private practice specializing in eating disorders, as well as dual addictions, trauma, domestic violence and depression. She conducts individual and couples therapy with adolescent and adult clients. In addition to authoring numerous mental health courses she frequently blogs and writes newspaper articles about mental health topics.
3.8 out of 4.0, Based on: 30 reviews
This continuing education human sexuality course will look at the development of sexual orientation and provide a basis for caring therapeutic intervention.
This course contains downloadable online lessons (PDF or Word) and a practice test. When you're ready, purchase the course by clicking the "Add To Cart" button. This will let you take the test, complete the course evaluation and receive your certificate for CE credits.
- Defining Sexual Orientation
- Development of Sexual Orientation
- Prejudice, Discrimination, Scope and Impact
- Homosexuality as a Mental Disorder: An Important Shift
- The Coming Out Process
- Tips for Working With Gay and Lesbian Clients
- Identify the percent of American adults Identify as lesbian, gay or bisexual.
- Describe the concept of sexual orientation.
- Explain the stages in homosexual identity model.