Topics in Human Sexuality: Sexual Orientation
Author: Heidi Dalzell, Psy.D.
(Click author's name for bio)
Course Created: 2017
Practice Level: Beginner to Intermediate
No book to buy
Heidi Dalzell, Psy.D.
Heidi Dalzell, Psy.D. is a psychologist in private practice specializing in eating disorders, as well as dual addictions, trauma, domestic violence and depression. She conducts individual and couples therapy with adolescent and adult clients. In addition to authoring numerous mental health courses she frequently blogs and writes newspaper articles about mental health topics.
4.6 out of 5.0, Based on: 6,340 reviews
This continuing education human sexuality course will look at the development of sexual orientation and provide a basis for caring therapeutic intervention.
This course contains downloadable online lessons (PDF) and a practice test. When you're ready, purchase the course by clicking the "Add To Cart" button. This will let you take the test, complete the course evaluation and receive your certificate for CE credits.
- Identify the percent of American adults Identify as lesbian, gay or bisexual.
- Describe the concept of sexual orientation.
- Explain the stages in homosexual identity model.
- Defining Sexual Orientation
- Development of Sexual Orientation
- Prejudice, Discrimination, Scope and Impact
- Homosexuality as a Mental Disorder: An Important Shift
- The Coming Out Process
- Tips for Working With Gay and Lesbian Clients
Ce4Less.com has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6991. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. Ce4Less.com is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
We are committed to providing our learners with unbiased information. CE4Less never accepts commercial support and our authors have no significant financial or other conflicts of interest pertaining to the material