Trauma Screening and Assessment
Course Created: 2014
Practice Level: Intermediate
No book to buy
4.4 out of 5.0, Based on: 3,663 reviews
This course in a Trauma-informed care series begins with a discussion of screening and assessment concepts, with a particular focus on trauma-informed screen¬ing. It then highlights specific factors that influence screening and assessment, including timing and environment. Barriers and challenges in providing trauma-informed screening are discussed, along with culturally specific screening and assessment considerations and guidelines. Instrument selection, trauma- informed screening and assessment tools, and trauma-informed screening and assessment processes are reviewed as well.
This course contains downloadable online lessons (PDF or Word) and a practice test. When you're ready, purchase the course by clicking the "Add To Cart" button. This will let you take the test, complete the course evaluation and receive your certificate for CE credits.
- Describe factors to consider for cross cultural screening and assessment
- Discuss the challenges to trauma screening and assessment
- Explain how to choose instruments to assess trauma
- Screening and Assessment
- Barriers and Challenges to Trauma - Informed Screening and Assessment
- Cross Cultural Screening and Assessment
- Choosing Instruments to Assess Trauma
- Trauma - Informed Screening and Assessment
This organization, CE4Less, provider #1115, is approved as a provider for social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) www.aswb.org, through the Approved Continuing Education ACE) program. CE4Less maintains responsibility for the program. ASWB Approval Period: 8/8/2015-8/8/2018. Social workers should contact their regulatory board to determine course approval.