This course offers clinical staff guidance in providing and facilitating culturally responsive interviews, assessments, evaluations, and treatment planning. Using Sue’s (2001) multidimensional model for developing cultural competence, this course focuses on clinical and programmatic decisions and skills that are important in evaluation and treatment planning processes. The course is organized around nine steps to be incorporated by clinicians.
This course contains downloadable online lessons (PDF) and a practice test. When you’re ready, purchase the course by clicking the “Add To Cart” button. This will let you take the test, complete the course evaluation and receive your certificate for CE credits.
- Discuss how to integrate culturally relevant information and themes
- Describe how to gather culturally relevant collateral information
- Explain how to integrate cultural factors into treatment planning
- Engage Clients
- Familiarize Clients and Their Families With Treatment and Evaluation Processes
- Endorse Collaboration in Interviews, Assessments, and Treatment Planning
- Integrate Culturally Relevant Information and Themes
- Gather Culturally Relevant Collateral Information
- Select Culturally Appropriate Screening and Assessment Tools
- Determine Readiness and Motivation for Change
- Provide Culturally Responsive Case Management
- Integrate Cultural Factors Into Treatment Planning