This course aims to offer a comprehensive review of pain and the pain management methods that are currently available, as well as offer some new insight into the modern and innovative measures of pain management.
This course contains downloadable online lessons (PDF) and a practice test. When you’re ready, purchase the course by clicking the “Add To Cart” button. This will let you take the test, complete the course evaluation and receive your certificate for CE credits.
- Describe the characteristics of pain.
- Describe the pathophysiology of pain.
- Explain the pharmacological management of pain.
- Describe alternative therapies for the relief of pain.
- Definition of pain
- Magnitude of pain
- Characteristics of pain
- Types of Pain
- Negative consequence of pain
- Pathophysiology of pain
- Theories of pain
- Factors affecting pain
- Instruments for assessing the pain perception
- Pain management strategies
- Alternative therapies
- Future Therapies
- Educating patients