Course Created: 2014
Practice Level: Intermediate
No book to buy
3.6 out of 4.0, Based on: 147 reviews
This course in a Trauma-informed care series provides an overview of traumatic experiences. It covers types of trauma; distinguishes among traumas that affect individuals, groups, and communities; describes trauma characteristics; and addresses the socioecological and cultural factors that influence the impact of trauma.
This course contains downloadable online lessons (PDF or Word) and a practice test. When you're ready, purchase the course by clicking the "Add To Cart" button. This will let you take the test, complete the course evaluation and receive your certificate for CE credits.
- Types of Trauma
- Characteristics of Trauma
- Individual and Sociocultural Features
- List the types of trauma.
- Discuss the objective and subjective characteristics of trauma.
- Explain individual and sociocultural features that serve as risk or protective factors.