This course addresses the important strengths of a substance abuse counselor and how those strengths, when neglected, can cause burnout and fatigue. It addresses both the issue and offers a guide to take the necessary steps toward self-care and wellness. While the focus is on counselors in the substance abuse field, all mental health professionals can benefit from the concepts presented.
This course contains downloadable online lessons (PDF) and a practice test. When you’re ready, purchase the course by clicking the “Add To Cart” or “Enroll” button. This will let you take the test, complete the course evaluation and receive your certificate for CE credits.
- Describe factors which make counselors vulnerable to burnout
- Discuss the importance of healthy boundaries in preventing burnout
- Explain the different impact of stress vs burnout on a counselor
- Counselor Vulnerability
- Case Studies
- Posttraumatic Stress and Burnout
- Burnout and Stress
- Signs, Symptoms, Causes, and Coping Strategies
- Professional Boundaries
- Recovering from Burnout