This course provides an overview of the changes in the DSM-5. Course topics include the history of the DSM, controversies generated by the DSM-5 and changes from the DSM-IV-TR.
This course contains downloadable online lessons (PDF) and a practice test. When you’re ready, purchase the course by clicking the “Add To Cart” button. This will let you take the test, complete the course evaluation and receive your certificate for CE credits.
- Discuss the history of the DSM
- Describe the controversies generated by the DSM-5
- List changes from the DSM-IV-TR to the DSM-5
- Analyze the proposed diagnoses for further study
- The History of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders
- Fifth Edition
- Controversies Generated by the DSM-5
- DSM-5 Philosophy, Cultural Considerations, and Cross-Cutting Dimensional Assessments
- Major Differences Between DSM-IV-TR and DSM-5
- Conditions for Further Study