This free ethics course provides ethics and boundary information for mental health professionals. In addition to discussions on responding to common ethical and boundary dilemmas, topics include informed consent and confidentiality, mandated reporting laws, HIPAA and informed consent.
This course contains downloadable online lessons (PDF) and a practice test. When you’re ready, purchase the course by clicking the “Add To Cart” button. This will let you take the test, complete the course evaluation and receive your certificate for CE credits.
- Explain the limits of confidentiality.
- Describe the concept of a mandated reporter.
- Define the concept of informed consent.
- Discuss the dynamics of dual relationships.
- Ethics vs. Law
- Mandated Reporting
- Advertising Professional Services
- Duty to Protect
- Achieving and Maintaining Competence
- Cultural Competence
- Informed Consent
- Multiple or Non-Sexual Dual Relationships
- Sexual Relationships with Clients