This course will provide an overview of risks, a discussion of why survivors are reluctant to disclose abuse, the legal resources available to clients and ethical obligations. It will also contain an appendix with helpful information, including a summary of state laws on mandatory arrest and a sample safety plan.
This course contains downloadable online lessons (PDF) and a practice test. When you’re ready, purchase the course by clicking the “Add To Cart” button. This will let you take the test, complete the course evaluation and receive your certificate for CE credits.
- Explain the incidence of intimate partner violence.
- Describe the common warning signs of intimate partner homicide.
- Explain a domestic violence safety plan.
- Describe a domestic violence safety plan.
- Scope of the Problem
- Reporting Intimate Partner Violence
- Mandatory and Dual Arrest Policies
- Navigating the Systems
- Ethical Considerations: Confidentiality
- Domestic Violence Safety Plan