This course has been updated. The new version of this course is located here.
This ethics continuing education course will provide an overview of issues related to mandated reporting and support the mental health professional in fulfilling this important role.
This course contains downloadable online lessons (PDF) and a practice test. When you’re ready, purchase the course by clicking the “Add To Cart” button. This will let you take the test, complete the course evaluation and receive your certificate for CE credits.
- Describe the role of a mandated reporter.
- Explain the concept of a good faith report.
- Define child abuse including characteristics that may lead the practitioner to believe that a child is being abused
- Defining What to Report
- Defining Child Abuse
- Recognizing Signs of Child Abuse
- Elder Abuse
- Good Faith Reporting
- How to Report Suspected Abuse
- Ethical Standards Pertaining to Confidentiality