This ethics course will examine the impact of medical errors on patients in mental health settings. It will reference best practices and ethical guidelines that can help to reduce and prevent medical errors.
This course contains downloadable online lessons (PDF) and a practice test. When you’re ready, purchase the course by clicking the “Add To Cart” button. This will let you take the test, complete the course evaluation and receive your certificate for CE credits.
- Define “Medical Errors”.
- Explain the steps in Root Cause Analysis.
- Explain the concept of informed consent.
- Describe duty to warn laws.
- Explain suicide risk factors.
- Definition of Medical Errors
- Root Cause Analysis
- Informed Consent
- Mandatory Abuse Reporting
- Duty to Protect
- Responding to Suicidal Risk
- Failure to Detect Medical Conditions