Both the quantity and quality of sleep play an important role in an adult’s mental and physical well being, and it’s important for medical professionals to recognize that sleep disorders can wreak havoc on all areas of their patients’ lives. Sleep disorders range from the temporary that can be treated with minor behavior modification or medication to the chronic, which requires more intensive therapy. The purpose of this course is to provide therapists with knowledge about sleep disorders, health outcomes and treatments in adults.
This course contains downloadable online lessons (PDF) and a practice test. When you’re ready, purchase the course by clicking the “Add To Cart” button. This will let you take the test, complete the course evaluation and receive your certificate for CE credits.
- Describe normal sleep cycles.
- Explain circadian rhythms.
- List common limb-related sleep disorders.
- Describe common surgical treatment options for sleep disorders.
- Normal Sleep Patterns
- Common Sleep Disorders
- Nighttime Sleep Behaviors
- Sleep Disorders Secondary To Illness/Injury
- Sleep Tests
- Treatments For Sleep Disorders