This course will provide an introduction to domestic violence, including prevalence and impact, cultural factors, same gender abuse dynamics, intervention strategies and community resources.
This course contains downloadable online lessons (PDF) and a practice test. When you’re ready, purchase the course by clicking the “Add To Cart” button. This will let you take the test, complete the course evaluation and receive your certificate for CE credits.
- Define domestic violence and the term “intimate partner.”
- Describe common patterns of abusive behavior.
- Factors associated with domestic violence.
- Describe mental health effects of domestic violence, including depression and posttraumatic stress disorder.
- Discuss prevalence and types of abuse among Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgendered (GBLT) Relationships.
- Discuss barriers to treatment and treatment recommendations for GBLT relationships.
- Defining Domestic Violence
- Prevalence of Domestic Violence
- Theories on Domestic Violence
- The Impact of Abuse
- Common Patterns of Intimate Partner Violence
- Social Constructs and Subcultures
- Same Gender Abuse Dynamics
- Intervention Strategies