One of the most challenging and prevalent issues clinicians can face is a client’s suicidal crisis. Although many clients experience major depressive episodes, training on how to manage suicidality is often not a component of training curriculums. Working with a client in suicidal crisis can be difficult, and evoke strong feelings in the therapist. This course will provide guidelines on suicide assessment, treatment and management. This course is a 3 hour version of our 6 hour course on suicide assessment, treatment and management.
This course contains downloadable online lessons (PDF) and a practice test. When you’re ready, purchase the course by clicking the “Add To Cart” button. This will let you take the test, complete the course evaluation and receive your certificate for CE credits.
- Discuss prevalence of suicide
- Describe protective factors
- Discuss issues related to at-risk/vulnerable populations
- Outline ethical and legal considerations in dealing with suicidal clients
- Key Research Findings/Risk Factors
- Suicide and Mental Health Issues
- At-Risk or Vulnerable Groups
- Assessing Suicidal Risk
- Managing Suicidal Clients
- Ethical and Legal Issues